Happy Saint Valentine’s Day

Many people have different opinions about today (Saint Valentine’s Day). Some enjoy it, some crib about it, some are simply neutral. For me it is yet another opportunity where we can celebrate the Love of God. Historically, that is what both the Saint Valentine actually did. It may be argued that God’s Love can be celebrated every day, every moment; true!! But until we achieve the unconditioned consciousness and can sincerely feel that, there is no harm in doing it at least on a few days. Anyways we always hunt for a reason to celebrate.

My day began missing my beloved father at almost the midnight. I was thinking about him that after he left how I want him back even if it means he scolding me all day, or being angry at me, because I know at the core of his heart there was immense love, and his anger was only a manifestation of his love and concern. I shared this thought with my husband, and we appreciated the fact that the same thing apply to his parents. It is true that most of the times we are irritated by the constant nagging of our closed ones, parents, spouse and siblings perhaps even friends. But when they are no more in our life we start missing even their anger or our fights with them.I lied awake for some time reflecting on my favorite bible verse 

‘1 Corinthians 13:4-7’ 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonour others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

The more I think over it, the more this psalm sinks deep in my mind and opens my heart to forgiveness and patience. Respecting individuality is the first step to be able to love someone. If we do not accept and respect a person for what they are, how can we love them? The Love then becomes conditional, which diminishes the entire glory of Love. Love is simply unconditional, the moment we add any ‘Ifs or Buts’ it can be called anything but Love.

It is not that we do not know all these great things about Love, we may have read it in books, heard it in sermons or movies a zillion times, the difficult part is to realize it even more to align it with our natural behavior. Nevertheless we must try, till we succeed. And the simplest way to do it is by Loving God. Because “when we Love God first we Love each other better” If our every action could simply be placed around the question “Will this please Krishna?” I am sure most of us would be doing the right thing. At the end it is not between you and anyone, but it is always between you and Krishna.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loves pour at the SeaShore

What IF?

No Holding Back

Translate