If I were Me

 All my life till now, I have tried loving other colors. (Not that I hate them) I try to like them from time to time. Questions like “why do you always pick up blue or black or white” “why don’t you try doing your stuff in the day?” were frequently asked. And I always tried to change, but I was never happy. I thought I had a problem if I can’t get along people, if I prefer living in a closed room, I must be depressed. Or even when I loved Sharad Purnima Darshan more than any other day (if you want to know the difference Please Google “Sharad Purnima Darshan of Sri Sri Radha Raasbihariji or Sri Sri RadhaGopinathji).

But what I realized is no matter how much I tried, I don’t feel the same for any other colors the way I feel for Blue, followed by black and white. And this realization was inspired by my son. Recently we sat doing the stone-painting. And my son fought with me for using so many colors. He said I should only use blue. He stopped arguing when he saw I was hurt (he is more mature than me). I didn’t get it then. Next day I couldn’t find that slab of stone. And I got a little upset; it was the first time I tried to do something with so many colors. And it got lost. So today morning I painted another stone with my favorite colors. And I felt so Me. I gave it away for my son to play with. I was not worried it will be lost. Cause that’s already who I am. I don’t need to hold on to myself.

The bottom line of these thoughts is that, whoever you are, whatever you love being, BE. (Provided it is not legally criminal :p) Why try to be something we are not. Why not celebrate our uniqueness? If we do not accept ourselves completely how would anyone else? 

So today ask yourself and explore :

If  I  were a Color?
If  I  were a Song?
If  I  were a Moment?
If  I  were Me?
What would I be?


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Loves pour at the SeaShore

What IF?

No Holding Back

Translate